NASA, the Namibian Architecture Student’s Association, is the academic society for architecture students at the Polytechnic of Namibia. The organisation operates according to an approved constitution and is recognized by the Department of Architecture and Spatial Planning (DASP).
Aims and objectives as outlined in constitution:
- To promote the departmental courses and look at issues related to Architecture.
- To serve as platform for students to share intellectual property, creativity, energy and innovation;
- To encourage students to participate in campus activities related to architecture.
- To foster and encourage working relations with other professionals among the recruiting institutions, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the Society. Including professional bodies such as the NIA, NCAQS, Council of Engineering as well as the FNCC, National Arts Gallery of Namibia.
- To make students understand the rules and regulations of their university.
- To promote the advancement of and cater for the best interests of the Architecture department students, by providing friendliness amongst students, lecturers and the department as a whole by means of public talks, braais, excursions, and intercultural exhibitions, foreign exchange and links with international Universities.
- To represent all students in all degree programs in the Department of Architecture and act as a voice for the interests, opinions, and concerns of that student body of the Department of Architecture.
- Act as an intermediary body in the faculty and administration in the Department of Architecture.
- Represent the student body at the Namibia Institute of Architecture.