This event is the fifth in the Sustainable Urbanisation series and will be hosted jointly by the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the Commonwealth Association of Architects. It will focus on the findings of the ‘Survey of the Built Environment Professions in the Commonwealth’ and the need to build capacity and capability to better respond to the challenges created by climate change and rapid urbanisation.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TIME FOR THIS EVENT IN NAMIBIA WILL BE: 13h00 (CAT) ON THE 22nd JULY 2020
Opening remarks will be given by:
· Dr Joanna Newman MBE, Secretary General, Association of Commonwealth Universities
The session will be chaired by:
· Ms Sithabile Mathe, Commonwealth Association of Architects, Chair of the Validation Committee
· Mr Alex Wright, Head of Policy, Association of Commonwealth Universities
The panel will include:
· Ms Mina Hasman, Head of Sustainability, Skidmore Owings and Merrill, London
· Eng Papias Kazawadi, Immediate Past President, Institution of Engineers, Rwanda
· Mr Phillip Luhl, Head of Department, Architecture and Spatial Planning, Namibia University of Science and Technology
· Mr Alex Ndibwami, Director, Teaching and Learning Enhancement, University of Rwanda
· Prof Barbara Norman, Chair of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Canberra
· Dr Philippa Tumubweinee, Head of School, Department of Architecture, University of Cape Town
· Ms Geetika Anand, Consultant, Indian Institute of Human Settlements
There will be plenty of time for an interactive Q&A section, with live questions from the audience.
To sign up to other sessions in the online programme click https://commonwealthsustainablecities.org/onlineprogramme/, and to sign up to the series of lectures for built environment professionals running in parallel to the main programme click https://commonwealthsustainablecities.org/cpd/.
Finally, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to email email@example.com