The Bachelor of Geomatics programme is purposefully designed to prepare students for a career as professional surveyor, with high level knowledge and skills in the acquisition, processing, presentation, and management of geospatial data. The programme provides a systematic and coherent introduction to the main theories, broad principles, concepts, data, and problem-solving techniques in the main cognate area, i.e. Geomatics.The programme will enable students to acquire cognitive skills, practical problem-solving skills, and key transferable skills that are necessary for addressing pressing geomatics challenges. In addition, the Bachelor of Geomatics will enable students to develop a sense of social responsibility, and an understanding of the role they can play in land reform and sustainable development both in Namibia and the Southern African Region.
Candidates may be admitted to the Bachelor of Geomatics programme if they meet the general NUST admission requirements, and must comply with the following additional requirements: In addition to meeting the Namibia University of Science and Technology’s General Admission Requirements (GI2.1 in Part 1 of the Yearbook),
Applicants must have a combined total of at least 30 points on the Evaluation Scale, counting up to five subjects as follows:
- Minimum A-symbol on NSSC Ordinary (or 3-symbol at NSSC Higher) for Mathematics;
- Minimum B-symbol on NSSC Ordinary (or 4-symbol at NSSC Higher) for Physical Science;
- Minimum 3-symbol for English Second Language at NSSC Higher;
- A pass or proof of competency in Computer User Skills (or equivalent) or an Exemption test to be written; and
- Must be medically and physically fit for fieldwork, which forms an integral part of the programme.