The Department of Geo-Spatial Sciences and Technology was formed in 2013 during the review of the Namibia University of Science and Technology Strategic Planning (PSP – 4) of 2014 – 2018, and became operational in January 2014. The Department was part of the old Department of Land Management, under the School of Natural Resources and Tourism, currently known as Faculty of Natural Resources and Spatial Sciences.
The Department of Geo-Spatial Sciences and Technology offers degrees in Geomatics (NQF Level 6, 7 and 8) and Geoinformation Technology (NQF Level 7, 8) and a Masters in Geoinformation Science and Earth Observation (Taught Masters) and a Masters of Spatial Science (Research Masters) both of which are NQF Level 9 degree programmes. The Department is supported by 18 full time staff bringing with them both local and international expertise. In addition the Department receives support and contributions from local and international stakeholders in the delivery of their degree programmes, ensuring that our material is kept current and relevant.
- Diploma in Geomatics 06DGEM
- Bachelor of Geomatics 07BGEM
- Bachelor of Geomatics Honours 08BGEH
- Bachelor of Geoinformation Technology 07BGIT
- Bachelor of Geoinformation Technology Honours 08BGIH
- Master of Spatial Sciences 09MSPS
- Master of Geoinformation Science and Earth Observation 09MGEO
- Doctor of Philosophy in Spatial Science 10PNSS